Tekil Mesaj gösterimi
Alt 27. February 2008, 04:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
PIONEERNADIR
Administrator

PIONEERNADIR - ait Kullanıcı Resmi (Avatar)

Üyelik tarihi: Dec 2007
Nerden: Mersin - Merkez
Mesajlar: 763
PIONEERNADIR - MSN üzeri Mesaj gönder PIONEERNADIR - YAHOO üzeri Mesaj gönder
Standart Designing the PC Power Monitor - Part I

After the near mishap with the last GPS bush walk I have pondered how I was going to monitor the battery power usage. This blog is my first go at it.

I found this neat [Sadece Üyelere Linkler Açıktır.Üye Olun !!! Tıklayarak Üye Olun !!!]. The ACS712 runs off of 5V and can monitor up to +- 5A with an internal resistance of only 1.2m Ohms. Unfortunately it comes in a SOIC-8 package which is something I haven't used before. Maybe it's time to build a [Sadece Üyelere Linkler Açıktır.Üye Olun !!! Tıklayarak Üye Olun !!!]? I don't have a milling machine so the next quickest thing was to solder up my own. It is build by hand soldering some wire rap wire to pins 5-8 and cat5 wire to pins 1-2 and 3-4. I used some male header pins soldered onto a small piece of vero board. All very messy (no pics) but it works.

Really I should be using the [Sadece Üyelere Linkler Açıktır.Üye Olun !!! Tıklayarak Üye Olun !!!] as that monitors from 0 to 10 Amps. unfortunately I don't have one of those at the moment.

I am using a PICAXE-8M chip to handle the AD conversion. There is also a resistance divider so I can monitor the 12V battery voltage. At the moment I am thinking it will just average out the measurements and output a current/voltage string on the serial port roughly once a second or maybe just output the string upon request.

Here is an EAGLE schematic of it all:

Here is the test board layout for it all:

The board layout is not quite correct as I need to create a better ACS712 SOIC device layout. Anyway you get the idea.

Testing the circuit on my bread board I found out that I can measure the voltage in steps of around 196 mV and current to 100 mA steps.

Here is the test PICAXE-8m program I used to monitor the battery voltage and current usage:

Kod:
' this will monitor and report the 12V Battery and Current being used
'
' Paul Hamilton - Sept. 2007
'

' Local Variables
SYMBOL LOOPDELAY=500

MAIN:
' Blink a debug LED - one reading per blink/loop
high 1 ' set the LED on port 1 ON
pause LOOPDELAY
low 1 ' set LED off
pause LOOPDELAY
' lets read what the voltage is on the resistance ladder junction
READADC 2b1
' lets read what the current is being reported by the ACS712
READADC 4b2
b3=b2-126
' because I am using a ACS712 Need to watch out for readings below 0 (ie 255)
' I really should be using a ACS713 then I wouldn't have this problem. 
if b3<253 then SKIP
b3=0
SKIP:
sertxd ("V: " #b1" A: " #b31310)
goto MAIN
Now I have to build the circuit board. A circuit and board to monitor the propulsion motors will need to be designed and built. Luckily I have an Allegro ACS754 which can handle up to 50 Amps!

Also check out [Sadece Üyelere Linkler Açıktır.Üye Olun !!! Tıklayarak Üye Olun !!!] in this series on the design and building of the PC Battery Monitor.

I have attached a set of Eagle schematics for those that are interested:

[Sadece Üyelere Linkler Açıktır.Üye Olun !!! Tıklayarak Üye Olun !!!]
[Sadece Üyelere Linkler Açıktır.Üye Olun !!! Tıklayarak Üye Olun !!!]
CORSAIR 8GB Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Siyah Tek Modül Ram
Sapphire HD7950 GDDR5 3GB 384Bit AMD Radeon DX11.1 Ekran Kartı
Turuvatek Big Tower 550 Watt (Siyah Saydam)
PIONEERNADIR isimli Üye şimdilik offline konumundadır   Alıntı ile Cevapla